Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lance Stephenson Turns Pro

Lance Stephenson announced that he was throwing his name into the NBA draft today. It's not really surprising to anyone. Yeah I know that Lance said during the Big East Tournament that he was staying in school, but that was before he had a great Big East Tournament. Lance said this about turning pro.
“After reviewing my options, it is now clear to me that the need to emotionally and financially support my family, especially my young daughter, along with my long-standing and burning passion to play in the NBA, outweighs my desire to return to the University of Cincinnati,"
That's from SNY and Bill Koch. I'll admit it, I bought into Lance staying. Him leaving is not surprising, but it's disappointing. We shouldn't have believed him saying that he was coming back, because by that quote he never intended to, but we always look for the best. I wish Lance well and hope that he gets drafted. I've seen second round projections for him, but who knows how that is going to turn out. He doesn't have a jump shot, but he led the team in scoring. Lance was also second in rebounds and assists. I hope that he knows what he is doing and makes an NBA roster next season. Next season's Cincinnati Bearcats are going to be interesting to watch. Expectations are probably going to be low, especially if Bishop doesn't come back. Maybe Bishop is coming back, and that's part of the reason that Lance turned pro. Good luck to Lance Stephenson. We'll always have this.

No comments:

Post a Comment