Tuesday, March 9, 2010

10 Years Ago Today



10 years ago today was the second round of the Conference USA Tournament. I was in high school at the time. The class I was in wouldn't let us watch the game. As class ended for the day, I rushed out to my car, and in the hallway, I hear the chatter that Kenyon Martin was injured. I remember riding home in a panic, only to get home, flip on the tv, and have all of my worst dreams come true. I watched the coverage on Fox 19 for like half an hour, and sulked the rest of the day. It was one of the worst days in my life as a basketball fan. It's also a reason that I hate stupid, useless conference tournaments. Fuck them in their face. UC basketball fans, like myself, have never recovered fully, and are still bitter about 2000. We had the best team, and everything was stolen from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment